Thursday, May 19, 2011

SD9 Update

I've got about 3000 rounds through my SD9 at this point and it's time for it to move on.

This has been a pretty good gun.  I had some problems with the sights loosing up with I solved with locktite.  But it's just not quite right.  So I found it a new home.  James, I hope it treats you good.


Things I liked about this gun:
1.  Striker fired.  Consistent trigger pull from first to last, excellent feedback on the reset.  Perhaps a little too much over travel.
2.  Fits M&P Holsters.  Going with this gun is a Serpa, a custom leather pancake, and a MTAC.  All fit beautifully.
3.  Wonderful grip.  I have small hands and this gun was perfect.  16+1 in a grip that rivals a 1911.
4.  Light weight.  The polymer design made all day carry a dream

Things I didn't like:
1.  Light weight.  With a full magazine the gun came back on target fast, by the end of the string it was noticeably harder to control.
2.  The sights coming loose.  And eventually the front dot lost it's radioactive goodness.  S&W made it right and it went to it's new home with a brand new front post.
3.  Trigger reset, just a little long.  The M&P has a shorter reset, but it's almost impossible to feel.


What now?  Well, I've got a new gun to pick up.  That's a story for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment