Monday, May 30, 2011

Memories

Our youngest son really wanted to do something for Memorial day.  When I was a kid we would go put flowers on the grave of some distant Aunt that I never new.  My mom always acted like it was some big chore.  At least that was the impression I always got.  With no other dead relatives that I am aware of, we went to the military cemetery and watched the presentation of the flags, the bagpipes, and the twenty one gun salute.  While we were there we walked the older parts and placed flowers on the old neglected graves that no one seems to care about any more.  We found a Masonic section with a stone monument in the shape of the Masonic alter.  Lilacs aren't really the correct offering.  Next year I'll have my sprig of Acacia and perhaps a lambskin apron.  Well done good and faithful servants.  This city wouldn't be here without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment