Saturday, June 4, 2011

Open Carry

So, around the intertubes.  People are talking about an open carry day.  I like open carry, it's more comfortable, it hopefully desensitizes people to guns, and if done right, it promotes gun owners and normal, friendly people.

I won't be participating this year.  I believe that if I am going to open carry, I need a retention holster.  Something with a thumb break, or a hidden button device.  And it shouldn't be black or menacing.

None of my holsters fit those requirements.  The Serpa is a good holster.  Which is good, but it's also used by a local PD and I don't want people to think I'm a cop.  It's also black.  With a black gun.  Not the impression I want to make.

Maybe next year, with a pretty gun in a nice brown holster.  Hopefully with some nice tooling so as to show off instead of looking menacing.

No comments:

Post a Comment