Sunday, June 26, 2011

Montana Grand Lodge AF&AM

I went to Grand Lodge this week.  It was the first time I've gone and I went because as the JW, I've now got a vote and a obligation to spend it wisely.  Several interesting things were brought up this year by various GMs and guest speakers.
1.  The level of rhetoric has never been higher.  And the level of respect for the person on the other side of the debate has never been lower.
2.  More and more, nobody is looking at the larger picture.  All politics might be local, but the effects of local actions are not confined.
3.  Consequences are often hidden until long after the decisions have been made.
4.  Nobler thoughts and well considered actions might just save the world.

I hope that I and my fellow countrymen are up to the task because the end game is never pretty and rarely worth the cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment