Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Monday Night Practice

Went to practice on Monday night.  There is something of a debate at the range these days.  The silhouette shooters, action pistol guys, and cowboy action guys have done a great job dividing the range up among themselves so they can all play their respective games.  But now the range is making some changes.  First, a berm on the west side of the pistol range.  Handy, right now if you were driving to the rifle range and a ND happened on the pistol range there is a very real possibility that there would be damage to your car or worse.  All the berms need to get taller as well.  All this costs money and moving and adding berms changes the way the pistol bays will get used.  After listening to two hours of debate last night I've come to a couple of  conclusions, old guys don't like change and young guys don't think about others unless forced.  As for the berms, it's still up in the air except for adding the west berm.

Pistol practice went pretty well.  On my last run of the night, I ran the course in 15.71 with three misses.  Without those misses it would have been the highest score of the night.  With the misses, it came in third.

The P226 is getting more and more comfortable.  I've got my loads figured out and the trigger is starting to disappear from my conscious control.  When I don't have to think about the trigger press, that leaves more attention for sight alignment, ammunition management, and moving through the course.  As for the trigger, I try to take some time every month and make sure that my fundamentals are strong so even though I'm not thinking about the trigger, my trigger finger is still 'Doing it Right."

No comments:

Post a Comment