Monday, December 26, 2011

Been a long time

I should write here more often but I just never seem to make time.

The match with the Texas Star was awesome.  They had some really awesome stages that were a complete hoot to shoot.  I placed about like I have all year.  Bottom Third.  This winter I'm going to attend some bullseye matches.  I'm just not shooting accurately enough.  Hopefully bullseye matches will help me focus on breaking the shot with more precision.

For Christmas I got myself a case feeder for my Lock and Load press.  It's pretty cool.  Now I just need someone to fill primer tubes for me and I'll be able to load ammo faster than I shoot it.

I also purchased a Tuck This by DeSantis.  Less impressed with this holster.  It's really just a slip cover and does just fine holding the gun in normal walking around.  But will allow the gun to fall out with vigorous activity.

Today's pet peeve.  Magazine Disconnect Safeties.  Why does anybody think this is a good idea?  It complicates the action of the pistol making for a rougher trigger pull.  Usually keeps the magazines from dropping free for reloads.  AND makes the gun useless if you are performing a reload.  Stupid, Stupid, STUPID.  I hope Ruger get's their head out of the their ass soon.  I'd love to buy some of their new pistols but not until they get rid of magazine disconnects.

No comments:

Post a Comment