Monday, June 21, 2010

PF9 going back to the factory

Saturday was not the best day.  It started beautifully.  Wide open time line, plenty of ammo, some new loads to test, and great weather.  Things were going really well until I pulled out the pocket pistol.

I had just fired it's first five round string of the day and the take down pin broke.  Not a good deal, but not a major problem either.  The problem showed up when I started examining the frame.  It appears that I have a crack where the assembly pin mates with the right side of the frame.  Most likely the head of the pin sheared off do to some unseen defect and the crack happened as the pin began walking out of the hole.  So, the whole gun went back to Kel-Tec today.  I'll report back when it comes home.

No comments:

Post a Comment