Saturday, June 26, 2010

New to Me Carry Gun

So with my little PF9 off to the factory for repair, I've been carrying my full size pistol.  A full size Ruger 9mm is not a very comfortable carry gun when you've gotten used to the small light, disappear in your pants PF9.  So I was very happy when I found a used PF9 at my local pawn shop.  I went to the bank to grab some cash and when I got back, it had been sold.  :(

The next morning I got a call from the broker, the buyer had been denied on his background check.  Bad luck for him, great news for me.

The gun was in perfect mechanical shape, I'd say less than 100 rounds down the barrel.  No frame rail wear, the are still tool marks inside the barrel.  It did have a lot of holster wear.  I'd say that 90% of the bluing was gone.  An afternoon with some cold blue has that all taken care of and tomorrow it's going to the range.  If this gun is a shooter, I'll be happy to carry it until my primary gun comes home.

No comments:

Post a Comment