Monday, July 19, 2010

Win 1000 rounds of .380 ACP Ammo

During the great ammo shortage of 2008 I really caught the reloading bug.  I've come to enjoy the simple pleasures of making my own little precisely measured dollops of lead poisoning.  That said, I wouldn't have the brass I needed to enjoy reloading without places like Lucky Gunner to buy ammo at.  So when Breda posted that Lucky Gunner and The Firearms Blog were giving away ammo.  I got excited.  With ammo prices still running almost 150% of 2007 pricing.  Every shooter is feeling the pinch.  Now I don't shoot .380.  Not because I don't like it or think it's not effective.  I just don't want to complicate my ammo supply.  So, because I've enjoyed reading Breda's blog so much, I'm giving any .380 ammo I win to her.

All this reminds me on why I've made my personal ammo decisions.  I stick with NATO calibers for all my firearms.  7.62 is plenty big enough for any animals I hunt.  5.56 is a great plinking round.  9mm is everything I need in a defensive round.  12 gauge is what the Marines use for house clearing, I've never been one to argue with a marine about ammo choices.  I find that twelve gauge works just fine from home defense to Canadian Geese.  It can be a lot of fun to play with different calibers, but if I really want to shoot a .45, I've got lots of friends to help scratch that itch. 

Now my son, he has to get all fancy with that 25-06, the little rebel.  He listens to rap music too.  I guess if that's as bad as he gets, I've probably got the best kid in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment